Thursday, July 13, 2006

New LO..."Leah"...and other ramblings!



Credits:

"Beyond Beauty" kit by Stacey Jewell Stahl
The fonts are:beast and another hand font

I did this layout yesterday. This is my daughter, Leah. She turned 4 in November. She's such a wondeful person! I can't believe how big she's getting. She is my 2nd born, and my oldest daughter. I love that she's so much herself in this picture, slightly dirty but in a dress, typical Leah fashion. Oh, and she did her own hair! She's growing up too fast! :(

So, I've had my PSE 4 for 9 days now and I'm already obsessed with digital scrapping! It is so free and clean! Which is great as a mother of 4 crazy, handsy, and rambunctious children! I love the Undo function, and the freedom I have to manipulate elements and photos! Wish I'd known about this 7 years ago. While I still love the tactile side of paper scrapping, I think digital is for me!

I think I'm getting better! I'm loving all of the tutorials I'm finding. I even made a grossgrain ribbon on Tuesday! Yeah me! :) I wonder what the average time frame is for people to be fairly proficient at PSE? I'd love to hear some comments...how long did it take you to feel pretty confident with your software? If you design, how long after your first digital LO, were you making kits and/or elements? I've already dabbled in making my own papers, which is fairly easy for a basic look, but I'm at a loss as how to use "brushes". Guess that will be one of my next mountains to climb!

1 Comments:

Blogger SteinwaysMom said...

Wow, I think your Leah layout is extremely proficient - I would never guess you were new to digital. I think I saw your blog in the Polkadotpotato forum...

I was wondering how close you live to Columbus which is where I am. I've connected w/2 other digital scrappers from that area so far through www.digishoptalk.com.

I have a link on my blog for new digital people that has some nice resources if you're interested:

http://steinwaysmom.blogspot.com/2006/06/digiscrappin-for-newbies.html

great to meet you,
Debra

6:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home