Tuesday, July 18, 2006

One famous person I'd like to have dinner with is...

Margaret Mitchell. Regrettably, she is deceased, but I still find her completely fascinating! She is the author of Gone With the Wind. My all-time FAVORITE book. I read it once a year and thoroughly enjoy it every time! If you've never read it, you should! It is a great read both as a fictional novel, but also as a historical novel as well. The Civil War era in the United States was a scary and confusing time, and Margaret Mitchell did a wonderful job in making it all seem so real and giving a very thoughtful retrospect of a lot of real events. I doubt you'd ever read such an insightful view of this time in America. I'd love to meet and chat with the mind behind such a superbly written historical piece of literature. I know her story is fictional, but it is set in such a historically accurate setting that it reads almost as a non-fictional tale. Her way with character writing helps this fact a lot! Ms. Mitchell knew how to write a heroine. Scarlett O'Hara is the girl you love to hate and hate to love! So assign, if you have never done so, grab a copy of Gone With the Wind and try it out, I promise you'll not be sorry, maybe you'll decide that YOU'D like to have dinner with Margaret Mitchell as well!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home