Friday, August 04, 2006

Top 5 things I stink at...

1. Cleaning...one look at my house and you'd agree! I just can't stay on top of it. I can get it into a semi-stable enviorment, but it's never really CLEAN clean. I hate that about myself. My best friend is a clean "freak" and I really wish I was, but its so hard woth 4 kids, a husband, and 4 daycare kids on top of that! I try, I really do!

2. Saying NO! I am notorious for overcommitting, or just plain old committing and complaining about it to anyone who'll listen. I tend to not feel validated unless I have 4 people who NEED me to do something for them, but I'm so passive agressive...because after committing, I sit and complain about how I hate being tied down to so many things...it's a viscious cycle I hope to stop...someday...

3. Nurturing my relationships and keeping in touch with loved ones. I tend to live in my own little world, and unless others step into it, iIm not one to go out on my own. I've been trying to be more social, but again, with 4 kids, it's just hard to find "me" time. Thank goodness for the internet. I've met some great women, and I hope even 2 or 3 of them feel as fondly of me as I feel about them. I have vowed to start keeping up a weekly corrrespondance with my out of town friends, and attempting a monthly night out with my girl friends who live close by, and I've even beem trying to get on the chat rooms and IM my internet friends more often.

4. Laundry! I't a never ending chore...I can get it to the laundry room, into the washer, and even into the dryer and into a basket, but that seems to be all the farther it gets. Folding with a two year old is like plowing in a blizzard...basically pointless, but atleast it makes you feel as if you're making headway.

5. Enjoying the little things...I watch my mom and my grandma with my kids and I can't wait to be a grammy. They say it's wonderful...no strain of the day to day raising of a child....just pure enjoyment without consequence. I wish I could slow myself down, and regain some patience so I could stop and play Boggle with Seth, have a dress-up tea party with Leah, read Who Wants a Dragon? 80 times in a row to Isaac, and sit and rock Ruby as I kiss her small cheek and sing You Are My Sunshine to her...but there never seems to be enough hours in the day...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home