Tuesday, August 15, 2006

10 "atainable" goals for my family

1. I want my kids to learn to be more appreciative and humble, we've lost that in the younger generations, and it's time for a comeback!

2. I will start taking better care of all of our "stuff". I tend to let things go, then get mad and just toss things out or give them away instead of actually utilizing and taking care of them.

3. My husband and I will have our Master Suite finished!!!

4. To become more organized and get the house in order.

5. We will find more time for "us". Unhappy, fighting, grumpy people do not make award winning or even mediocre parents! My husband and I need to each find our seperate "happy places" and our couple "happy place" and go there as often as we can manage with 4 kids and 2 jobs!

6. For my husband to get the proverbial "ducks in a row", so that he can fullfill his dream of starting his own business sometime in the next few years.

7. Give the kids weekly chores, make sure they DO the weekly chores, and hopefully find a few minutes more for myself as well as teaching them to be more helpful.

8. My kids need to learn how to be more self-sufficient. I think I'm doing something wrong, when my 7 year old still needs me to lay out clothes for bed AND school.

9. Get all of our medical bills paid off.

10. I aim to have a new camera and PS CS2. I consider this a family purchase even though I'm the main user, because I want to leave a lasting, tangible, and meaningful legacy for my children, grandchildren, and all future generations. I know that even though my husband doesn't always "get" my obsession, er...love of scrapping, he does agree that what I'm doing is a good thing! (Hey, getting them to admit that is the first step, right?)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home